What I carry from hike to hike varies sometimes more sometimes less depending on the trail but for this post I’m going to list the 5 items I will have on me not matter the distance or location of a hike.
1. Water, water, water: No matter day, time, location or weather, I always have water more often then not I carry more water then I drink but what’s the saying “it’s better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.”
2. Hydration pack: I carry one every hike long or short because it serves dual purpose stores my water and carries all my extras for the day. I currently carry a Teton Oasis 1100. D2 and D3 carry Coleman Revel 8L and D4 carries a Camelbak Mini Mule
3. First Aid Kit: currently carrying the first aid only 299 piece kit in the soft case, it fits well in my pack.
4. Snacks: The girls might argue with me that snacks should hold the #1 spot. Our snacks usually include trail mix, granolas bars, nuts, and/or pb&j sandwiches.
5. Chapstick: Is a must for life in general so I keep a couple on hand when I’m hiking.
Other items that you could find in my pack on any given trail would be extra socks, a multiuse tool, pocket knife, handsanitizer , etc.
What items do you make sure to have on hand on the trail??