I’m sure on any given hike I stuff a lot more then just the items I’m going to list but these 15 things you will always find on me when I’m hiking.
1. Hydration pack: I carry one every hike long or short because it serves dual purpose stores my water and carries all my extras for the day. I currently carry a Teton Oasis 1100. D2 and D3 carry Coleman Revel 8L and D4 carries a Camelbak Mini Mule
2. First Aid Kit
3. Snacks: The girls might argue with me that snacks should hold the #1 spot. Our snacks usually include trail mix, granolas bars, nuts, and/or pb&j sandwiches.
5. Hiking journal: I like to keep it with me in case I get a chance to jot down my thoughts.
6. Hand Wipes/Camp soap sheets
7. Light: I usually carry a headlamp and small flashlight
8. Paracord Bracelet
10. Small pocket knife
I’m new to hiking so I would love some feedback on what other must haves I should carry? What do you carry with you whenever you hike?